Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Helping a wife deal with the death of a husband?

Back in 2007 my father dies of a freak accident, me, my mother, and my sister all saw it happen. Before it happened my mother was...well a mother, cooked great dinners, was happy, and loving. Now she is only a husk of her former self, we only eat fast food, never talk, and I only see her about 1 hour a day between her work (from 8:00am-1:00pm) and her locking herself in her room. When i lost my father i felt lucky that i still had my mother, but i have found out that i have lost both my parents. How do i get my mother back to her former self? I'm 14, my sister is 16, and my mother is 50Helping a wife deal with the death of a husband?
Wow! That's quite a bit for a 14 year old to have to deal with.





It sounds like your mother needs to go through the grieving process. The grieving process allows a person to say good-bye to her loved one and to start healing. That hasn't happened with your mother.





See if you can get your mother to go to a Grief Share meeting. I've put a link below. She will meet people who can provide emotional support, help her say good-bye, and start the healing process.





I've also put a link to a site to help you understand the stages of grief.





My heart goes out to you.Helping a wife deal with the death of a husband?
You and your sister need to sit your mom down and suggest she get grief counseling. She isn't going to want to hear it but try to make your point by telling her just what you've told us. You miss her and you want your Mom back. Tell her that losing your Dad was hard enough but now you feel you have lost her.





She desperately needs grief counseling. If she flat out refuses to get help, talk to a someone at school or in church. Don't give up. Your Mom is in there, help her come back. And what a great kid you are to try to get help for her.
My condolences to you and your mom and sister in the death of your father.





You are a wonderful person to care for your mother to this degree!





This is beyond you. You need to enlist the help of other adults in the family. Your mother needs professional help. She is probably a totally different person when she is at work, or she would have lost the job a long time ago. Still, she needs counseling. It is normal to experience grief, in the death of a family member, and when the circumstances are such that you describe, it is compounded. People move through stages of grief in different ways. But your mother appears to have ';stalled out'; in one of the beginning stages of grief.





You need to focus on yourself, and your own feelings of grief and loss.


Start with your mother's siblings, if any, and then go to her friends. Ask if they can talk to your mother. If you're involved in a church, talk to your pastor.
I went through a very simulation back in 2007 My mother lost her granddaughter and she like was obsessed with her all the time every where we went it was like I brought megan here last christmas or Megan wanted that for her birthday when finally I told her until she let go she was never going to heal and Megan would not want her to destroy our whole family by her depression of Megan's death I reminded her that we were still alive and she was missing out on her own children's and grandchildren' lives. Get hard with her I know it is hard but sometimes you have to slap them in the face (I don't mean Literally but let them know you mean business) to get them through this hard time.
hi friend its common in all families and your work make your mother happy u should make forgot of your father ideas and i think it take come days to forgot your father and she will be alright dont worry and always make your mother happy and smiling as long as possible to u and your sister
I think you should ask your mum what would your father want her do? sit around and not live her life, I know would not be easy losing the love of your life and your father, but you, your mum and your sister still have each other thats all that counts and if you stick together you will get through it or another option to do is talk to her about getting couselling, it might help talkiing to some one but may just start by getting the family involved to talk to her and if that doesnt work, get professional help
  • codes for myspace
  • hair braiding
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment