Wednesday, August 18, 2010

How to deal with a wife with border personality disorder?

My wife has BPD and is in angry 95% of the time. We have gone to hours of counseling, mentoring. . . She will not admit she has a problem it's always someone elses fault. I am currently reading ';I hate you dont leave me'; I have been dealing with this for 3.5 years and don't know how much longer I can deal with it.How to deal with a wife with border personality disorder?
you shouldnt..may god have mercy on youHow to deal with a wife with border personality disorder?
DUDE! I was in such a relationship. You must really lover her . . .





Thinking back, it was really hard to not make her defensive. Maybe try to make sure that she knows you dont think BPD is being ';crazy'; just needs some stress managemnet. Does she excercise??





The good days were when I was simply VERY supportive and let her talk things out. Things of course would be when other people pissed her off. When I was the one, oh god.





I am glad you are reading that book. I am convinced my own fear of setting her off re-inforced her behavior. IT MIGHT BE UNFIXABLE. My friends are convinced she really messed up my view on women. I am so lucky to have recovered 1.5yrs later . . .





Good luck!
I have been going through the same thing! My husband of 7 ears has BPD and he doesn't think he has a problem! He says he's been misdiagnosed!I decided to go to a Mental Health Assc. and ask for information on it! Now that I understand it I can better deal with him! Let me also say this'; it takes alot to stay with a person that has BPD...and if you don't get them help and work with them they get worse!'; Good luck and God speed=)
Dont all wives suffer from this? Some only once a month, of course, others seems like constantly... Thank God for tequila and long working days!
i feel so bad for you. i know how it can be though, i have bipolar disorder and probably bpd. she definately needs treatment and counseling. i don't know how old you guys are or if it matters, but i'm 23 and have been on mood stabilizing meds for the past 3 years and anti-depressants for the past 7 years. i have done a bit of counseling, and i had the whole college experience in this time period, but i have grown SOOOO much. i used to be an extremely angry, hateful person who had absolutely no control over what i said or did to people that i was mad at. i hit people close to me all the time and said words that never should have even been thought. now I am happier just knowing that i'm not hurting the people that i love. i have a still have tons of issues and problems but the great thing is is that i have alot of control over my actions and my loved ones are hurt by me any longer.


if she won't admit it though, i don't know what to do. i do know if she gets help though, she will feel way better. she will be a new person.
The best thing to do with any BPD is stay consistent and structured in your dealings with them. They will split, thus the diagnosis, but being a model of consistency can only help them.

No comments:

Post a Comment