Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Why is there an increasing trend of wife beaters in Malaysia? Could this be avoided? If so, how?

Not to insult the male species (or even Malaysians) but I am deeply embarrassed by the behavior of my own kind (the males).





What would you do to advise your close friend who is being beaten up by her husband despite being loyal and all...? In my case, I have already came across close to 5 women who are being beaten by their husbands and suffering in silence. They still love their husbands for some reason and they refuse to seek for professional advice from legal bodies dealing with wife battery abuses.Why is there an increasing trend of wife beaters in Malaysia? Could this be avoided? If so, how?
Surprisingly, even the well-educated ones are succumbing to wife-beating. Stress? Lack of self-control?


The only thing to do for a woman subjected to battery is walk away from the marriage, especially if there are kids. Because they could very well be the next target. And they will likely end up like their parents; boys becoming abusive husbands and girls lack self-worth and self-esteem, hence easy targets for other abusive men. The cycle repeats.


I know it's easier said than done. Some of these women have no money, no job, no place to go, plus the shame and stigma attached, it's hard.Why is there an increasing trend of wife beaters in Malaysia? Could this be avoided? If so, how?
What about those that don't beat wife but beat kids? LOL.


I'm 1 of them. Kena rotan a..LOT.


Despite tht I actually I've respect for my dad, coz he never hurt my mum. Only nag or scold.


My dad has collections of parangs %26amp; knives. :O

Report Abuse



I agree with j-lilac.


Most are housewives.


Besides, it would be shameful to them if others know about it.





As for me, if I have such a husband, I would fight back and walk out. No, I do not have a rambo knife lol....


If it comes to a bad stage, I would file for divorce whether or not there are children.


Like j-lilac mentioned, it is a repeat cycle.


I believe that with one beating, more would come along.


----------
that why i dont married yet. you know....


men are like 'lalang' =p





me also got rambo knife..


like sarah said, don play play ah..hahaha...





Gindy*-- maybe they think carefully but nobody knows the future.
i agree with you..women are more sensitive than man. They love their family, even more if kids are involved. Some women may not be working so they depend on their husband. Which is sad. Maybe its the way Malaysian's were brought up. Not all women are open-minded and are willing to take action and move on with their lives. They too may not want to lose their children. I've reminded my husband many times that if at all he hurts me or the kids i would make a report. I got rambo knife..dont play play..hehehe....
think carefully before marrying someone lo....
love is blind..... you know..

No comments:

Post a Comment