Friday, August 20, 2010

Shared interests in marriage? How important is it for a woman to share ALL of her husbands interests?

I am getting married in April. There are things I do not expect my fiancee to be interested in simply because I enjoy them but it does not seem to be vice versa. I support a lot of what he does and participate in a great deal of his interests, but there are just some things I am not interested in like British comedy, or going to Arkansas, or sitting in 100 degree heat when he has a gig to play outdoors. As I said, I support at least 90% of his interests and dreams and desires, but that 10% left over is for things I am interested in like pursuing a doctorate, teaching online classes, taking dance classes.


How do you wives deal with sharing your husbands interests? Men, how much of your wifes' attention do you require with regard to your interests?Shared interests in marriage? How important is it for a woman to share ALL of her husbands interests?
Leaving 10% for your self is just right. Remember, husbands never give their wives 100% so why should we? Being married to someone should not be losing one's own identity. Continue pursuing your interests. Keep learning, keep growing. You shouldl not be left behind while your husband develops his own interest.Shared interests in marriage? How important is it for a woman to share ALL of her husbands interests?
You don't have to share all his interests. Just because you're getting married doesn't mean you have to melt in to one person. You're still two seperate people. Just support him with them as he should support you with yours.

Report Abuse



90%!!! wow! that's more than enough. Lucky guy! You shouldn't be worried about the 10%....
You don't have do all your your husbands interest. BUT! you better show interest in what he does as he should in what you do. Again doing what others like or showing interest are two different things.





Myself I would rather share and do everything with my wife than to be off doing something without her.





Marriage if a 100% commitment to each other not at 50/50 split.
It is important for both of you to share interests of the other.


will you look at this?





Opposites May Attract, But Will The Marriage Survive?





http://www.yourromanceguide.com/articles鈥?/a>
only control freaks want their wives around constantly. personal space is important. more important is shared backgrounds and a similar moral compass.
I think you have an excellent attitude on this! In my case, I share at least 80% of my husband's activities simply because it's a mutual thing we both enjoy doing. The other 20% is spent on our own pursuits and endeavors. I personally don't feel you are required to do everything together and time spent apart can be just as productive as time spent together. It helps to build both your growth and separate identities and helps you to become better people for each other. However, it's also important to participate in each other's interests once in a while. It helps you to appreciate one another. My husband does not expect me to be interested in his ';thing'; and likewise. We have a mutual understanding on this and we respect each other's need for space.
Not necessary to share all his interests. But do be connected to each others lives as much as possible. Do not drift apart because of different interests.

No comments:

Post a Comment