Friday, August 20, 2010

Polygamy Question. How to deal with co-wife?

I am my husbands second wife. I am slowly getting over the idea that I will never be his one and only. We are Muslim and polygamy is legal in Islam, he can have up to 4 wives. I have in my marriage contract he is not allowed to marry anyone else. But his first wife is still around. She is in another country and I have never met her. She and I have talked on the phone, but only breifly. We are trying to learn how to communicate, because I only speak a little Arabic and she only speaks a little English. She is coming next month. How do I cope with this? I have had my husband to myself for 2 years and she has been away from him for 5 years. I am not worried about the language barriar as much as I am about jealousy and how we can be friends? I am 20 and very jealous. I didn't know anything about her until after I had known my husband (just as friends still) for 1 year.I fell in love, so I decided to marry him, but this is still a problem to me.Anyone want to offer anything nonjudgemental?Polygamy Question. How to deal with co-wife?
Wow, I would be jealous also, but at the same time you knew he was already married. Just pray on it. You will figure out a way to keep yourself from hurting. Ooh, I would not like it at all. Five years is alot of time to catch up on. All I know, if it were my husband, he would be sleeping with me the whole time....lol...lol. And because I feel the way that I do (jealous) I would be around them at all times....Wow, girl, I feel for you. Maybe she just wants to meet the young lady who has stolen her heart away. His heart is with you just remember that. He has been yours for two years.Polygamy Question. How to deal with co-wife?
Something Specially


For You





I said a prayer for you today


And know God must have heard-


I felt the answer in my heart


Although He spoke no word!


I didn't ask for wealth or fame


(I knew you wouldn't mind)-


I asked Him to send you treasures


Of a far more lasting kind!


I asked that He'd be near you


At the start of each new day


To grant you health and blessings


And my friendship to share your way


I asked for happiness for you


In all things great and small-


But it was for His loving care


I prayed the most of all.
i so sorry i have no advice for your situation. i think you are very strong though to be married to a man that has another woman. maybe you should think in terms of pleaseing your huband. think what makes him happy and what he wants.


good luck
Congratulations and I strongly appreciate you, young lady, for having that kind of soft and kind heart. I hope many of these women on earth have the same tribe with you. Allowing a husbands to marry more than one is rare to women, because only a few like you don't feel jealous. Mostly are possessive and never allowed their husbands to share with other women. Well, since you are a muslim and it is allowable in Islam, you have to accept her as your husband first wife, be friend with her, accept her as you accept your husband to live in peace and harmony. For your language barriers, why not try to stay in nearby places and open a door to one another to oftenly pay a visit each other's home you can communicate with her as often asyou want and both of you will learn defferent languages?

No comments:

Post a Comment