Friday, August 20, 2010

How do you deal with your wife during PMS or her period?

I just got married 2 weeks ago and now my wife is on her period and it sucks. I don't really know how to deal with a woman on her period because one I have all brothers and two I just know the basics about periods. I know that woman get cramps and they bleed and that they get moody but I don't know how to help her and comfort her! This morning she was feeling awful and so I went to the store to get her some Tylenol and I bought a box of tampons. When I got home she started crying because she said she doesn't use tampons she uses pads. (ooooopppppsss). Then after she just wanted to cuddle with me but I had to go to work but when I came home she just wanted to cuddle and be REALLY close to me. Please help how do you deal with your wife or G/F when she is on her period what are somethings I can do to help?How do you deal with your wife during PMS or her period?
Midol is better for cramps than tylenol


Make her peppermint tea with honey (as long as it is not too hot out)


Chocolate makes everything better


Cuddle with her


Ask if she wants you to draw her a bath.


Tell her you love her (all the time


';No honey you don't look fat, no I can't see the zit on your chin, no your not being ridicules for cry...'; etc, you get the drift


Rent her a girly movie that she has wanted to see


Gently message her abdomen with lavender scented lotion


Hot water bottle or magic bag for her cramps (life saver)


Ask her what she wants you to do!





Ps. even if she uses pads, it was super sweet of you to try! I'm sure she appreciated that even if she was not in the mood to say so.How do you deal with your wife during PMS or her period?
Ok well im a girl, and depends on how her emotions are, but the basics are just cuddle her for as long as she wants, give her a nice shoulder massage, if she has a craving get her what she wants. Don't be upset around her- that will set her emotions off and she'll most likely cry.
well remember the pad thing. and just do whatever she wants. GET HER CHOCOLATE!!!!!!!!!!!! hahaha but definitely do that. and make her her favorite food! but seriously just make her happy.


good luck!
haha umm well cuddle with her if thats what she wants i guess
Just to expand on the ';basics'; that you know: Yes, most women experience cramping during the few days before and the first few days of their period. It can range from a dull, mild throbbing to a sharp, radiating pain. It's real!





Period discharge isn't just blood. It's the lining of the uterus. (Hence the pain!)





Many women experience moodiness when they are nearing their period and during the first couple of days. It sounds like your wife's emotions are right under the surface, so be more gentle and understanding with her during those days.





You sound like a very kind and sympathetic guy! Bless you for wanting to take care of her. My best advice is this: pay attention to your wife. Study her! Do the things that she likes and enjoys. If she wants to cuddle, cuddle with her.





But also remember that she doesn't have a disease or something. Too many men just freak out and ';steer clear'; of women on their periods. She is no less your wife when she's on her period than when she's not, so just treat her with the same love and care that you normally would (just with maybe a little bit more gentleness for a few days out of each month).





Good luck! :) And happy marriage.

No comments:

Post a Comment