Friday, August 20, 2010

How to deal with my wife depression?

I tried hard to deal with my wife depression and ending up causing more problems for myself. Now, I am staring possible divorce because she think I am controlling her life, her way of escaping from all this is to go out and drink and party with her friend. I don't know what to do she denied therapy and moved out of our home. Is there anyone who had to deal with this. Right now I have let every thing go and just going with the flow, not trying to fix anything.How to deal with my wife depression?
Guess she needs some space. But don't give up on her. Do unexpected suprise gestures for her. A single rose. or box of chocolates. A picnic... anything simple. recreate the night you two fell inlove or when you proposed to her. Most importantly just let her know that you are still there for her. Don't give up on her, on you two. Go to therapy with her, if possible. Talk to her. I'll pray for you two. Good luck, God bless.How to deal with my wife depression?
I've dealt with Depression and my husband has been so understanding. He is my strength and my rock. Depression isn't something that can just go away. Your wife's brain is sick. She is escaping by drinking and partying. That isn't going to solve her problems. It might just get her in trouble. PUT up boundaries! Don't be a softie. I literally hit rock bottom when I thought I was about to lose my husband. I started therapy and medication. It can work IF she is open minded to it! Stay strong and confront her at the right time.


People who struggle with Depression have the tendency to push away people they LOVE. They stop doing the things they love. They also take up bad habits such as alcohol and drugs. It's NOT the answer either! Work through it! Just be Strong! Turn over every rock before you walk away!
D-I-V-O-R-C-E
well, sounds like your are doing the right things. basically, you can't really help your wife more than you have already helped her. if she won't deal with her problem, then you can't force her, and things will just get worse for you. really, if she is not taking responsibility for herself, and going out drinking, she isn't acting like an adult, and probably shouldn't be married. you probably married young, and that is why she is still really rebellious, and not trying to help herself, and is rather self medicating with alcohol. you probably should consider divorce, just because i'm sure it might not be that problematic right now, but soon, it will become unbearable. you need to give it one last effort to try and get her the help she needs, and if that fails, its probably time to move on and get that divorce.

No comments:

Post a Comment