Monday, August 16, 2010

How do deal with a wife that does not want to work?

Hypothetical situation here, but let's just say I was a man and my wife didn't want to work, but wanted to stay home all day and live off of my money? Should I divorce her for being lazy?How do deal with a wife that does not want to work?
If there are no kids involved, what is her role? Just there for sex? Like I said, girls that want to be treated like a princess and not do anything in return, and giving up sex isn't anything special for him, since you both like it.


I always told my wife that she didn't need to work, but she enjoyed what she did, so I encouraged her to do what she enjoyed, no pressure to do either one, but she was a good nurse, so I let her know that. I didn't need her money, and in fact she kept her own money (except she paid the utility bill). Nobody should be lazy though, although I don't think it's enough to divorce someone over unless she's a lazy slob who won't clean up her own mess, then I'd send her back home to her family where her mother (or father) can clean up after her.How do deal with a wife that does not want to work?
You have not made it clear,wither you have children or not,and that which region of the world do you belong to? Any how as a matter of fact nobody can sit idle.So you should ask her about her ';laziness';.I think she is not lazy,rather she is to be made working by you if you are a man.
Should she divorce you if it was the other way around????


If she's at home because she's caring for the home and the children if theres any, then she's not being lazy....If she's home just to stay home but is maintaining the home and the housework and cooking, then you should appreicate her. If she's home just to be home then you need to express your feelings to her. If your thinking of divorcing her just because she's at home doing nothing, then that's an excuse and theres more to it then just your question.....
No, he's a lucky man! There's nothing better for a man than to come home to a loving wife, with the wonderful smells of dinner cooking in the air, who is totally happy and willing to fall into his loving arms! Sigh!! I love my life...
This is something he should have known before marriage, so would this wife clean or anything? lol
yes if she has no children to raise,and does nothing at all!
HECK no he shouldn't divorce her for wanting to stay home, unless they can't make ends meet without her working. There's nothing wrong with being a stay-at-home spouse, even if she's not a mom.





My wife is a career woman, but I've told her on numerous occasions that it'd be fine with me if she stayed home, even though we don't have kids (yet). Right now, we both work and we share the housework. Maybe not 50/50, because I work much longer hours than she does (our respective salaries are irrelevant), but I do my level best to hold up my end.





That is not to say, however, that it would be okay with me if the wife were ';lazy'; as you say, i.e., she stayed home and watched soaps and ate bon-bons all day. Like my dad always told me, ';There isn't anything in this life that's free.';





You want the freedom to stay home? Fine. But marriage is a partnership, and partners do their share of the work. It's called ';division of labor.'; Assuming that there are no children involved, if one spouse (man or woman) is the only one working OUTSIDE the home, the other spouse (again, man or woman) should be the only one working INSIDE the home.





If my wife CHOOSES not to work (and it is her choice 100%), I had better not have to lift a finger around the house, except for working in the yard and home improvement projects, which I enjoy. Call me old fashioned, but there'd better be food in the fridge, all the bills paid, the laundry done, dry cleaning picked up, home-cooked meals 5-6 nights a week, and the place is ALWAYS clean and tidy.





If kids are involved, however, that's a different story. Taking care of children - especially young ones - is like having a full-time job with tons and tons of overtime. When that happens, both spouses have to pitch in with the work, whether it be working outside the home, doing chores and/or taking care of the kids.





Still and all, I won't put up with supporting a parasite. If I work hard all day, I had better not come home and have to do chores around the house (when my wife doesn't work ). Even with all that, it'd mean less work for the stay-at-home spouse. You can get all that stuff done in 15-20 hours a week, tops, which is working barely part-time. That's how much time my wife and I spend (together) getting all that stuff done.
Are you referring to me? haha.. i just resign and become a full time housewife to look after the kid who need supervising of his school work. My husband do not agree that i should stay home. But my 1st priority is to ensure my kid is well taken care of. You need to find out the truth from her why your wife does not want to work but stay home all day? give her a break. if you think she live off your money and divorce her, you still have to give her monthly wife maintanance. talk to her and perhaps you can sort things out.
If there are children she has the right. If there are no kids then she gets no extras.
I'm not sure if you should divorce them. Try having a serious conversation. Tell him that if he's not happy in the field that he has chosen then see if he is willing to go back to school for something else. See if he will do the same for you. Is he unhappy or is he lazy? Is he a bum or is he hardworking in what he finds passionate? Maybe he wants to be a chef or artist instead of a tax accountant. Let him know that he could try to pursue this on the side and you would support him if it's a reasonable request but remind him of his responsiblities to his family (even if it's just you and him - a relationship can not grow and maintain itself). Best wishes and take care.
she is a mooch! she needs to get a life and fullfill it
the mans job is to provide for his family, period! if she chooses to work, great! if not, and you can afford to support her, then let her stay home....
She should be working. Why put all the responsibility on the man when the woman is more then capable to being her part in on this marriage. Times are hard these days and in order to make ends meet it takes both the husband and wifes income to provide for the family.


If their are kids and they are in school there is no excuse.


Being lazy isn't an option when it come to your family expecially if you are a good parent and wife.


Tell her to get off her lazy behind and get a job to help support the family or get out. You'd be doing it on your own anyway right?
Now its not the same for men as women. It is a mans world out there, they get the better jobsm higher pay, ect. If ';she'; wanted to stay home all day and not work, well then ';she'; could clean the house, do dishes, yard work, laundry, and prepare the meals. I would say that is an even trade. Now if ';she'; wants to sit on her *** all day and do nothing, the *** would be put out on the curb for the garbage man to pick up!
Most men in professional jobs (doctors, lawyers, business, lucrative sales, etc.) have spouses who stay at home and do nothing or maybe crafts. Some have children, which is explainable to stay home; however, some do not. These women are groomed from an early age to marry rich and be able to stay at home and do nothing but be beautiful.
Is she being lazy? Or is she taking care of the home and the kids? It has been estimated that moms who stay home would hypothetically earn over $100K. So if she is taking care of the family and the home, then no. If she is just watching soaps and eating bon-bons, then a serious fire needs to be put under her a**.
Hell yeah! I wouldn't tolerate that.





Now, it's one thing if we'd just had twins or something like that, it would be OK for her to stay home for a while. But, if we didn't have kids, why shouldn't she get a job?





It would be one thing if she was actively looking for work and just couldn't find a job - these days that happens to everybody if you want a job that pays more than minimum.





But if she just sat home all day, refused to send out a resume or fill out a job application, didn't go online to look for work - then she's a lazybones and she's got to go!
I would not let that fly. I don't believe in people having a free ride. That is of course assuming that there aren't any children. Staying home to raise kids is a far cry from just ';staying home all day'; I'm sure all the stay at home mothers can vouch for that! But if there aren't any kids i see no reason why one person should work while the other does nothing. That ';the man's responsibility is to provide for the family'; thinking is way too archaic for me. I believe in pulling my own weight. That way if something ever happened to my husband I wouldn't be like a deer caught in the headlights, or if he was abusive I wouldn't be afraid to leave him and be independent etc.
My wife does not want to work but she does (and is the main bread winner right now) In todays economy it's becomming more and more difficult to live on a single income.





I myself have been working and paying into social security for all of my adult life and teen years except for one 6 month stint.





During that time i learned that taking care of the kids and house was much harder then i ever thought and i'd never wanna do it again. A job outside the house is WAY easier then being a homemaker!





until we become finacially independant, we are BOTH gonna have jobs period. Otherwise i feel she is an adult and her day to day lifestyle is hers.
If there are no small children to take care of then you should encourage her to get a job... even a part time job so that she is contributing to the marriage. It is unfair to put the stress of supporting two people on just one member. If you cannot talk to her so she sees your point of view maybe you should speak to a professional marriage counselor
My wife went back to work had an affair and left me and the children. If I could do it all over again I would prefer her to stay at home. Just me
If there are no children, yes.
  • codes for myspace
  • Ltd
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment