Monday, August 16, 2010

Betrayed husbands pls? How does it feels like being betrayed by your wife?

I'm not a betrayer I was betrayed instead by my husband.But I just closed my eyes and pretended that I have not found out anything yet...


hard to believe maybe but, that's true. No lies...





Back to my questions...Husband, after knowing that your wife has cheated on you,how did you face it and deal with it? did you able to forgive them and gave them another chance to be with you?or did you asked them to leave at once?Anyone could share their experiences with me pls?.. what did you wife asked you to do and how did she faced you? were you happy with the decisions you've made then? or were you regretful now?





It's always the wife got cheated all the time.and I've seen answers how wife dealt with the situations.But I wanted some answers from the husbands this time. especially to those who stayed married.Betrayed husbands pls? How does it feels like being betrayed by your wife?
Been cheated on by my wife a while ago. I found out she was seeing her ex boyfriend for over two years. I was devastated at first but soon became upset. We had problems leading up to this but I never stepped outside our marriage for affection. Sometime went by and we lived under the same roof without speaking for quite a while. One day I decided to swallow my anger and ask her what I may have done to drive her away or into another man's arms. That was her breaking point. She knew I was truly hurt and that I was going to leave her. Once I knew she still loved me and was truly and deeply sorry for what she had done, we talked things out and re-built our marriage. the key was finding that remorse inside of her. If I felt she was just going through the motions, I would have left her. She has vowed to never do that again and I'm holding her to that for the rest of her life. I will never betray her simply because I know what it feels like and she knows if she does it to me again all the sorrow in the world from her will not change my mind. Talk to your husband and let him know that you mean business. Let him know that you demand more respect than what he has shown you. Offer him the same respect in return. You have to find that mutual ground to stand on together or you will both fall...alone. I really hope things work out for you. It sucks getting cheated on but if he's sorry and you can let it go, it's a little easier to move past this.Betrayed husbands pls? How does it feels like being betrayed by your wife?
Betrayal may be of two ways. If she was sexually harassed and if she suppress that after marriage and husband comes to know about that, husband should stand with her. Because that is not mistake of her. But she was like a kinda flirting and slept with so many guys and dint tell to husband, husband can forgive her if she understands that she did mistake, otherwise he has to take the call....(Wherever I put husband, you can put wife..meaning will not change)
i was cheated on. my wife told me during sex! i felt so angry, i still get upset thinking about it and im happily married again with a 2nd child. :) But i stuck it out for a while. we both ended up cheating on eachother more. it was very unhealthy. i should have just left right then and there. if you want to cheat, end your marriage first. you owe it to your partner to honor your vows!!!
I cheated and got pregnant by m husbands brother. He forgave me and we are still married. We are closer than ever.
If you're hot, close to WV and want to get even with him let me know!
Hi Lady L,





If you haven't checked out my referenced website yet, please do so because they have a great forum area for both men and women dealing with infidelity. They have both betrayed spouses and formerly cheating spouses there to share experiences in order to help figure out why things happened the way they did, and to provide much needed emotional support.





And I can't stress enough that you MUST confront your husband about his infidelity as SOON as possible. Not months, weeks or days from now. But hours -- tonight after work! You cannot even begin to heal until the infidelity has stopped, until he has made his life more transparent to you, and until you have a chance to ask him questions and bring closure to this stressful period in your life. The healing afterward is not easy and takes a LONG time, but it will never get started until after you confront your husband.





My wife had an affair a little more than three years ago (after 14 years of marriage and 18 years of being together). It was not just sexual, but also a ';love'; affair. It probably had been going on for several months. I knew she had some sort of infatuation with a friend of ours (yes, he was my ';friend'; too, so I had a sort of double betrayal) for more than a year, but I didn't think it was anything more than innocent at the time. A year later, I started seeing suspicious activity (constant phone calls, him wanting to come over to our house more often, gifts to her, etc.) This particular portion of her affair lasted about a month and it was the worst time in my life. I was so anxious and distrusting. I did confront her right away and she lied to me saying that there was no affair and that they were just friends (she admitted to me later that they had sex the day previous to me confronting her that first time). She lied to me two additional times during that month when I kept asking if she was having an affair.





That whole month I was a mess. I could barely get any work done, and I felt my insides were being shredded. After all, if I'm supposed to believe or trust anyone in this world, I should be able to believe my spouse, right?





The night I finally had irrefutable evidence and approached her about it was a very long night with a lot of tears. She agreed to end the affair and that she would do anything it would take to make the marriage work. Ironically, the issue she had with me (that she claims led to her affair) took only three hours to discuss and solve. Meantime, my long healing process had only started.





After the confrontation, my emotions started on an involuntary ';roller coaster'; ride. At first, I was elated -- almost euphoric. The affair was over and my wife wasn't going to leave me! But then, the gravity of what just happened returned, and I suffered a lot of Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) symptoms for a while. To my amazement, the more I researched what I was experiencing, the more I realized that almost every betrayed spouse (male or female) feels roughly the same things during the healing process in the weeks, months and years following the final end of the affair -- regardless of the details of the affairs, social-economic status, education, religion, etc. The involuntary feelings that come AFTER the affair is a built-in human process, and it sucks.





I had several weeks of extreme sadness and then elation (like going up and down on a roller coaster). After about a month, severe anxiety took over, along with PTSD -- my primary care physician put me on an anti-anxiety medication that I used for several months. After the anxiety, I recall the anger finally kicked in. That was the worst phase by far. I have never been so angry at myself or other people so constantly for so long. I know that can't be good for the body. After that phase, there have been periods of depression, periods of wanting to have my own affair, and briefer periods of anger again. But overall, it feels like emotions are finally settling down and I think about the affair much less often.





I didn't leave at first because part of me was so blindsided by the affair that I needed to understand what happened and if things could be fixed. It also was a very long relationship (I had been with her for half of my life), so I didn't want to throw it away without trying -- otherwise, it would have haunted me for sure. But also, I didn't want to leave my kids, my house, my pets, etc. I was devastated enough to have potentially ';lost'; my wife, but to lose everything else would have felt like one big bad natural disaster.





Anyway, it's been a little over three years and I do feel much better than I did when the affair ended. We are still married. But it has been a major personal process (internal struggle) to get here. Suffice it to say that you are not alone -- and won't be alone -- during this process. Please check out a message board that is devoted to infidelity issues -- like the site referenced below (w

No comments:

Post a Comment