Friday, August 20, 2010

How do you deal with a wife that constantly bitches about her jobs?

I am tired of my wife coming home and bitching about her job. She complains so much about her job and how the customers are mean to her and that they should respect her. Now she's not the most pleasant person to be with either. When I try to reason that not everyone knows that you are having a bad day or whatever... she starts getting mad at me, and says I should just hear her out. I understand that sometimes she just wants to let it out, but when it starts becoming a routine, I am not always in the mood to hear her ***** about her customers and her job. I also tell her that everyone has problems at work, just don't bring them home. I work as a mid level manager and often have to deal with issues about people who report to me as well as my superiors, but instead of bitching about how my job sucks I'd rather talk about more pleasant things. I've even suggested to her to go find a new job or quit, if she hates it so much, but that makes her go off on me too. And I also know she'll have the same complaints with another job too, because she has changed jobs.





How do you deal with this? Any one have similar experiences???How do you deal with a wife that constantly bitches about her jobs?
A lot of women unload when they get home. Your wife needs to remember that you're not a girlfriend, but her husband. She thinks that the complaining is a sign that she trusts you and cares about you. That's how women think. Sadly, us men think the very opposite. When we field complaints, we want to help solve them, but she just wants you to listen. She doesn't understand that her complaints are significantly weakening the relationship, because she comes off as a whiner, a nag, and impossible to please.





No husband is happy when he can't keep his wife happy. And her constant complaints probably make you miserable, but she has no idea.





Explain this to her and meet in the middle. Hopefully she can cut back on the complaining, and you can learn to just listen and nod your head every once in a while (that's all she's looking for, you know? Sometimes you have to bite your lip).How do you deal with a wife that constantly bitches about her jobs?
Tell her that you don't want to hear her drama about her job when you get home. If she doesn't like it, do something to change it. If she can't do that, then you just plain don't want to hear it.
You sound like my hub. I did that too. You just dont get it. I can understand the other side now. but He never respected my work. Lets look at you are you ever nice? do you ever give tlc? maybe she just doesnt feel like you appreciate her.
welcome to the club! that sound so familiar, I don't think there is a cur for that , some people tend to live in a eternal misery!
I would give her ten minutes undivided attention. I would pour a glass fo wine - cup of tea - whatever and sit her down and listen for just ten minutes. Be sympathetic. Treat it as an extension of your job, nod, smile, be kind. The sympathy lasts as long as the tea/wine, etc.


You're right - she doesn't want an opinion nor does she want to feel guilty for needing to talk.


After ten minutes, tell her you want to watch the news on tv or change the subject - distract her, or tell her ';let's forget it now';.


To make such a decision that you don't want to listen will harm your marriage and your relationship with your wife.
You could let your wife know that while you appreciate her complaints and the rough time she has at work, you'd rather talk about something more pleasant when she gets home. Maybe ask her if she can try to let the work scene ';go'; when she walks into the door so you two can have quality,stress free evenings together.





Ask her how shed feel about it? You could also tell her you really don't mind hearing about these things from time to time, especially if she needs advice about how to handle the situations.





Truthfully? Your wife sounds like she takes things customers do and say personally, instead of chalking it up to the fact that the customers might have problems and some of them can be difficult. If she'd realize this, maybe their attitudes would roll off he back, and she wouldn't stress so much.
I think you should let her get things out for a little while, and then ask to talk about things that are more pleasant. I think that if she has to go on and on about it then it's not the right job for her. I know the job market is tough these days, but ask her to start looking elsewhere. I have been through 4 jobs in the last 10 years that I've been with my long term bf, and I don't ***** at all with jobs I like. She's obviously very unhappy and needs to make a change. How you bring that about is up to you. I get very annoyed in the job that I have a license for, nursing assistant, and very much love working as a waitress. A complete job change might be in order here.
Yes, make her quit her job at your request. She may not have quit yet because she feels you will be upset at the fact that she is not working. If she quits her job it may take her some time to find a new one so if quitting her job would change things in the home, make sure you are very supportive of her doing this. I am not sure what kind of work she does but has she ever thought of working self employed, like cleaning offices after hours or cleaning houses in the daytime or whatever other skills she has? This way she can choose who she does business with and not have to put up with rude customers.
  • private myspace
  • web development
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment