Wednesday, August 18, 2010

How to deal with seperation in the ARMY?

My boyfriend and I have been together for 4 years. He recently joined the army in August 2008. It was hard on me while he was in basic but being able to see him on graduation and also during christmas while he is in ait made it a little bit better. He is graduating next week and we have plans of getting married. Here lately its been puting a strain on our relationship. I try to understand that he is in the ARMY and I come 2nd. We talked about our relationship and we felt as though we were going to loose each other. But he said it would get better when we get to see each before he goes to Camp Casey and hopefully if I do get orders to go over there. Also that would try to cope with things because this is all new to the both of us. We didnt realize it woud be this hard. Im just wondering how do you as army wives deal with it? Also how was it when your partner had just joined the army? Basic, AIT and when he did go overseas?How to deal with seperation in the ARMY?
If you have true love for each other, it doesn't matter the time or place where each other is and all ';issues'; can be worked through. I got married in September on leave. I asked her to marry me on my previous leave in July, after not having seen her in over two years. We started dating in March, though. While the vast majority of our courtship and wedding planning was over the phone, it just worked because we communicated with each other.





To this day we are still separated by distance as she is in Kansas and I in North Carolina. I am awaiting my 1st deployment so I can catch up with my unit that left already. Had to stay back because of a surgery.





One last point, if it is TRUE love, then you come first. In all things possible you come first. But, at the same time, his job is the military and he has to do what he is told.

No comments:

Post a Comment