Monday, August 16, 2010

Will my wife's new rebound relationship last?

Here is the deal my wife 2.5 months ago reconnected with this guy she knew in high school from sophomore year on facebook. Since reconnecting with him she has moved in with him only about a month since talking with him. She as told some of her friends that they are boyfriend girlfriend status, but not her own family??? Will her relationship last with him since all the traits that she sees in him are a direct reflection of the traits I have or have had. I think she is regressing to things in our relationship and trying to find the exact same experiences again. The guy resembles me in looks (hair cut, height, wearing hats), hobbies (camping, exercising,etc), the exact same model of truck as mine only different color, same year even. Hey mows lawns just like I did when her and I dated in high school. With all the similarities I think she is going to be hurting her self more than helping herself. This is why, she is looking for someone to comfort her that resembles myself, he is influencing her to get a divorce probably due to his own selfish wants, once the divorce goes through I think his whole attitude will change to the point that he doesn't need to work as hard to be lovey dovey to make the divorce happen, then she will realize what a bad mistake she has made, not to mention that her attraction to me is still great physical and emotional. We also have a son together and she will get custody of him next school year and I don't think that guy will want to take care of someone Else's kid when he has two of his own with his ex wife that cheated on him and left him in the exact same way. He calls himself a christian and brings up a example supposedly to make me feel better and more accepting of my wife leaving me. The example was that He thought of me when he was watching a sermon on TV stating that God puts people in other peoples path ways for a certain reason. Well what better place for the devil to deceive a person than behind the pulpit. I told her that was the worst excuse I have ever heard, because in the bible it states that a man shall not covet thy person's wife. Which one of those seems more credible to you?





Who out there thinks their relationship will last or not and for how long?


Do you think she will be sorry and regret what she is doing to our son, family, herself, and myself?


Do you think after it all falls apart on her she will come crawling back?


If she does come back and I have not moved on, would trying over a long period of time through counseling and hard hard hard hard work on her part and maybe some on mine be able to start a new relationship?





Help me out, what opinions do the good people on the web have for me?


Thanks,


JonWill my wife's new rebound relationship last?
Its apparent through your description, that despite your wifes transgressions, you still want to remain married to her.





Did she date this guy in high school before or after you? The similarities between you, if she dated him first perhaps you reminder her of him, and she has always thought of him through the years.





Many people who marry young go through this phase (many not all or the majority for that matter). Friends of mine from high school married young, just after high school, I think they were 19 %26amp; 18. However, come their late 20's early 30's, the wife missed the things she never really did as a young single adult because basically she never was, she married before she was 21 so she never got to enjoy the bar/club scene, and had children (they married because they wanted to, they didn't have their first child til 1-2 years after they were married) and then come her late 20 's/early 30's she wanted to live like she was 21 again, thats what her group of friends became carefree 20 %26amp; 21 year olds who had no responsibilities, no worries, etc. We have many mutual friends since we've known each other so long (we're 35 ish now), I was dating this guy then she showed up on his myspace page (or was already there) I asked how he knew her and he said that they were ';talking before I met you'; and he was given a story that her and her husband were separated and planning to divorce, when infact they were living as a outwardly/publicly happily married couple. Things in their marriage went south, so they decided to move away to rebuild their relationship, she decided to come home for a visit and my brothers wife (who is also friends with her) picked her up from the airport and dropped her off at a ';friends house';, her husband believed that she was staying with my brother %26amp; his family, when infact, she was staying with a guy (who I also went to school with and from seeing the comments on his myspace page, I assumed or figured it wasn't all that platonic).





Eventually she came to her senses and figured out the guy she married, and the guy she decided she needing to go out ';looking for'; after being married 10 years, ended up being the same guy. She had enough sense to realize he treated her well, worked hard hours so she didn't have to work if she didn't want to and ultimately treated her like a queen, and was a good dad %26amp; role model for their kids.





This fling your wife is having may last, or it may just be a phase similar to what my friend went through. Moving in with someone after talking/reconnecting with them after 1 whole month isn't really a sign of someone who is looking to stand on her own 2 feet or that she thinks things through, and its giving your son mixed signals as to what a normal marriage, and behavior of an adult should be. By you wanting to take her back so quickly (as I said, this is what your description to me looks like) its could relay to your son that her behavior is acceptable and this is a normal way of life.





Right now, I'm viewing your wife as selfish and putting her wants (not her needs) ahead of her marriage and child.





If this was a ';god fearing'; devout Christian man, he would not be living with a woman who is married. He knows this which is why he is pressuring or influencing her to divorce.





Though there are things I disagree with you on, there are many men and women who are willing to accept their partner/girlfriend/boyfriend/spouse AND their children, many would raise and treat their step-children or significant others children as their own. You always hear about the people who treat their step-children badly, but very few stories on the ones who treat them well.





I think she has not told her family because she knows its wrong and is basically ashamed of her behavior.





Could she come crawling back? Possibly, she seems the type that needs someone in her life to feel whole and clingy going from one man to the next with little regard to her own reputation or what she actually needs. What you need isn't always what you want.





However, if she comes back is this something YOU want? And if it happens again, are you willing to take her back, again, again and again? And, have your son watch this?





Since your wife at the moment isn't putting your child first, you need to be the person to do this.Will my wife's new rebound relationship last?
You refer many times in your question to the fact that this guy resembles you, works like you etc. But you're just not getting it - it's not the he resembles YOU - it was that YOU resembled HIM. It's high school love, an adolescent fantasy. She chose you because you were the closest thing she could get to HIM. Grow a set and find yourself a woman who can appreciate YOU - not an aging teenage girl that doesn't want to grow up.
this is horrible this has just happend to me less then 16 weeks ago apart from i get no contact at all and i havent seen my child who is 17 month old since she was 12 month old rebound guy i dunno same probs as with my ex. is she still with him? id like to know if she with him but i wouldnt hold out mate women can be cruel.....i lost my love my family and my home all because she said so cause she didnt want to give us a chance i had everything but now im sat in a box room at 33 years old with no job no fam be lucky you may get a chance i never will
Sorry babe but she isn't with this guy because he reminds her of you but the opposite. When my husband and I were dating we broke up a few times, during that time I was either attracted to or dated guys who looked/acted like him. Unlike you my husband was lucky that he was the original true love and not some replacement. If she comes back to you (which I doubt) she'll just use you until she finds someone better. Just take her to family court and preserve your rights before it's too late.





Marriage is a sacred bond(what God joins together let no man turn asunder or whatever the quote is), this ';Christian'; man is just using the religion for the excuses. LOL you could always go and talk to HIS Pastor to find out what the bible has to say.

No comments:

Post a Comment