Monday, August 16, 2010

Seriously, how do I deal with my wife having Cancer?

I believe she is healed, trying not to claim this. Barbara my wife I love always. This sucks because I cant do anything but be here for her. I am stll very faithfull, but shoot it's hard, temptations. I do believe in God and pray, not trying to question, my faith has gone down a notch.





Barbara or any one does not deserve this, I would not wish this on anyone ever. Every day is a challenge, I am trying to do everything, cook, wash clothes without complaining.


Complaing will not change anything, I lost my job back in January, i'm on this computer asking for real advice.





This is a heck of a test, when we get through this no one can not tell us anything. God help, dang I wanna cry right now. Please help, I love my wife, gift from you God.





We used to do a Cancer benifit run. What sucks, my mother in law passed away December 2005 from Cancer, we miss n love you.





Help me with serious advise, suggesion, and honest answers.Seriously, how do I deal with my wife having Cancer?
I'm so sorry for the ordeal you both are having right now. My father has liver cancer now and my mother died because of liver cancer too.





What I can say is never be apart from her. Be strong, brave, and patient. Talk to her and tell her good stories as it will make her feel very comfortable. Try to do a lot of fun things like going on a picnic with her while she still can. Visiting your relatives and going out with friends will help too.





I suggest your wife go on holistic diet which is consuming vegetables and fruits. My father is doing that now in order to keep fighting the cancer and he no longer eats red meat as it will make the cancer grow stronger. Also the main point of holistic treatment is not consuming chemical-based medicines. You can find holistic books in amazon.com and I'm sure there's a doctor specialized in holistic treatment in your area.





I'm wishing the best of luck for both of you. Keep praying, always believe in God and dont forget that miracles do happen. We can share a lot about this :) Cheers!Seriously, how do I deal with my wife having Cancer?
Wow. I am amazed at your faith, you are obviously a man of God.





One thing, talk to your church family about helping you. You need to have some time to re-coup. I know you and Barbara must be going through hell on earth, and the two of you need, if at all possible, to have some time to just relax and love each other. You also need some help with the chores. I know if a member of my church asked, I would take a day, or part of one, to cook a meal, or do up the laundry, or do the shopping. That is what the church is all about...being there as a support system for each other, through good times and bad.





God bless you both, praying for His healing in your lives.
You're right, and we medical professionals do understand. Nobody deserves cancer. Nobody should have to suffer through a loved one's battle with the disease, either. But it happens and we either find ways to deal with it or we continue to suffer.





Don't be ashamed of feeling sorry for yourself and wanting to learn how to cope. Hey, you are your loved one's primary support and if you don't take care of yourself, it's much, much harder to do positive things for her.





There is no reason whatsoever not to reach out for help. Your wife's medical team can suggest ways to get the support your whole family needs right now. You might talk to your pastor, and you might talk to a mental health professional. What, you thought those folks were only for crazy people? Guess again!





Go to your county mental health clinic, explain what's going on to the receptionist, and that person will be able to hook you up with additional help - sometimes the best sort of help for what you're dealing with is a support group composed of people who are going through exactly what you are as well as some who've moved beyond those stages.





Don't forget the rest of the family. A diagnosis of cancer affects them, too. They may also need some serious help dealing with the situation. Good luck!
You sound like a great husband.I`m sorry for your wife and I hope she gets better.You didn`t say what kind of cancer?I`ve had cancer twice same breast.Under gone surgury twice.Cancer is scary.You go through so many emotions.You get angry,.My faith in God has brought me through and I`m doing just find,I`ve had radiation and I`m now taking a pill for the next five years.Stay strong and you most take care of yourself and your needs,that is the only way you can keep helping her.God Bless you both.
Read the poem Footprints and listen to Garth Brooks song Unanswered Prayers everyday. I am so sorry you and your wife are going through this....OK, now you've made me sad too and I can't go on....I'm so sorry. God bless you and Barbara.
You are doing everything you can. Just let her know daily (many times a day) that you love her. Listen to her words and treasure the time you have. Hopefully, she will beat this terrible thing. Don't beat yourself up over this...for feeling helpless and angry. Just remember, your anger is at this disease not her. She couldn't help it. Love yourself and her. Maybe you can find a job that allows you to work from home. Keep making dreams with her and setting goals to work toward together. Fill her days with happiness. I commend you on being faithful to her. She really deserves that and so do you. At least you have the peace of mind that you've been a #1 husband to her. God bless both of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment