Monday, August 16, 2010

How to deal with wives who hold brothers more important than husband?

Is obsession with one's own siblings to the point that you prioritize siblings over spouses fair or unfair? Is it abnormal? I find it abnormal. If a bro or sis is so dear, why not marry them only instead of spoiling their partner's life? I think such people have a mental disorder which needs to be treated. What do you think?How to deal with wives who hold brothers more important than husband?
Unfortunately to some, blood is thicker than water. I would speak to her of your concerns and if that doesn't work, leave.How to deal with wives who hold brothers more important than husband?
It is definitely not right
In the initial stage of marriage I can understand the affection a women may have for her parents and brothers/sisters and there is no harm being upset at all. Speak to her and tell her about your concern. After all she is your wife and I am sure she will understand your concern. It could be possible that she does not get attention from your side. Stating that she is having a mental disorder is a thought gone too far provided you have decided for a divorce. Think over - Divorce is very painful.
Ok, my husband and i went through something similar. My dad brother and i moved 2,000 miles away from all other family members for my dads job. Then a few years later i got married and had a baby and then my dad died. my brother and dad were still living together in an appartment at the time and my bro was only 20. He was spoiled, didnt have a good job and really couldnt take care of himself. I was always like his mom. After my dad died, my brother was basicly homeless, alone, and helpless. He moved in with me and my husband and our 1 year old. The arrangement really caused a lot of stress in our marriage, and i was in a crappy situation because i had to choose. I looked to the bible for answers and found it. Basicly when you get married, you and your spouse become one and NO one should come before your spouse, except for God. My brother moved out and now things are much better. I love my brother very much. He still lives close by, and it sucks that I had to pick, but I had to! You are right, if she wanted to be with her brother she should have married him. But you also have to understand that siblings have a special relationship too. My husband is an only child so that made it hard for him, but its not impossible. I dont know if your wife is like IN love with her brother, which in that case, yeah, yall got isues goin on. But if she just loves her bother like a brother there are no mental issues, just marital issues that yall need to work out.
You share some pretty dramatic statments without drawing a picture of what you are suggesting is so inappropriate. People tend to marry people whose family realtionships are infact pretty similar in dynamics to their own. They may look different on the outside, but on the inside they are typically replicating the same relations. So look at your own background and be honest about where what you see in your wife isn't possibly the flip side of the same coin. Then in stead of name calling, ask her to sit with you and discuss a mutually satisfying picutue of the ';family life'; you would like the two of you to strive for. Then plan how you can both support each other in achieving that. If it's not possible, beg your pardon and get out before kids get in. Best of luck
yes, I agree, but dont know anyone like that.





I know of men who love their mommies more than their wifes.
I agree with you buoy!





In this case, you should set your new laws, or either ask for a divorce?





Same thing happened with my mom being so attached to my grandmother. This created problems in my parents' relationship.


Even the Bible teaches this: ';Man will leave mother and father to unite with his wife/husband. ';


She has to construct her own life independently from her relatives!





In all, this means that she might be afraid to be independent to learn how to be a wife on her own.





Best Advice would be: See a Family Psychologist to help solve your wife's stickiness to her relatives. This would be my best advice so far.
It is unfair and abnormal and may be grounds for divorce.
I agree with you. I know i d be mad if i was in your shoes. I say either you talk to her or let her go after she seems happier with him.





good luck!!
She grew up with her brother. HELLO! She loves him just as much as you. OK? So just because she pays more attention to him, doesn't mean you have to say ';Yeah, I think that's abnormal...'; I mean, WHO ARE YOU??? Maybe her life consisted on leaning toward her brother, or maybe they fought SO much, that she wanted to get closer to her OWN brother. You shouldn't say that. The kind of love she's giving her brother is FAMILY love. So stop whining.
It sounds like you're a bit jealous, but then again I don't have the entire story.





My wife and her brother have a special relationship that I understand I will never completely understand. It may help you to remember that the brother has been there for your wife longer than you have, but that doesn't mean you should come in 2nd place to him.





Try to understand that there will always be some things that your wife will go to your brother for that she won't turn to you for. This is all right.





However, if the brother is coming between you and your wife, then it's time to talk to your wife about it. Just tell her how you feel and don't be judgmental or overly harsh.





If possible, you might consider getting to know this brother a little better if possible. Invite him out to a movie or a sports game or out for drinks or whatever he likes to do. Getting to know him or maybe even befriending him could smooth things over better than anything you might have to say to your wife.

No comments:

Post a Comment