Monday, August 16, 2010

How do other stay at home mums and wives deal with their boredom?

i'm haviing some time off of work at the moment,, and its now been a few weeks and i'm starting to get bored. my partner and i text each other a couple of times a day, but he's busy and cant text all day. i have a toddler at home, but find that i have all the housework done by the time he naps, and it leaves me a few hours to myself. i dont have any friends in the area, and i dont know what to do....any suggestions? good ones.....How do other stay at home mums and wives deal with their boredom?
Girl, I have been dying of boredom all winter. We have one child in school and a toddler. Now that the weather is nicer we are at the park A TON! It may sound simple and to easy but I find that the sunshine puts me in a better mood and my son runs himself tired. I also love taking pictures of him in nature...photography is kinda my thing. Maybe take your child out and get some great photos to frame for grandparents. I always like to surprise both sets of grandparents with beautiful pictures...just for no reason.How do other stay at home mums and wives deal with their boredom?
first suggestion is to enjoy your childs nap time lol after a couple of years there will be no more free time when napping because there will be no napping....i enjoy reading, taking my child to the library (age appropriate), sitting outside with a cup of coffee (even in the afternoons) watching my child play in the yard, or at a park, teaching my child or preparing him for school, playing with my child (board games), gardening, walking around and exploring bugs and nature (boys love that) but dont forget about yourself....spending time with your child is great but during your childs nap time take time for yourself....even if it is to soak in a bubble bath just for the luxury of it.
Try playing World of Warcraft... You'll be wondering where all the time goes. I can spend all weekend playing if my husband is out of town or busy. Makes time fly.
i am totally with you!!! i bought a workout video that i really like and i don't have a childs but i do have a 12 wk old puppy....ugh...lol i have no friends yet as we just moved to wa from tx..so i am waiting for answers too!! and my hubby can't text all day either...
Play with your child.





Go to the park.





Take him to play group.





Teach him things.





Visit Grandma.





When I was a stay at home mum I loved it, I never got bored, theres so many things to share with your child. Treausure it before he goes off to school.
Take an on-line class in something that interests you.
Watch Oprah, Dr Phil, Put On A Movie, Read A book..








The Sky Is Your Limit, Would You Rather Be At Work Or In A Confey Warm House?





;]
I find doing housework quite boring, but I am never bored when I am not working. I read, watch TV, go on the computer. Don't you ever read or anything? If you are bored at home why not take up some kind of hobby, do painting or pottery or embroidery or yoga or learn a foreign language or something.





Personally, I find that the triumvarate of books, TV and Internet are enough to keep me perfectly happy and amused, but if you need more there are plenty of things you could do.
Answer questions on Yahoo!!





Take up a hobby, paint a room,do some gardening, read a book anything!!! My daughter hasnt taken a nap since she was 12 months old.. Man I would kill for a couple of hours to myself


make the most of it girlfriend.
I would either babysit for another person and make a few extra bucks.... or work on a garden.... help out some elderly neighbors.... even if its just taking a list of groceries and picking them up for him/her. Try making new dinners youve never imagined making. learn to sew/ knitt/ bake/... there are alot of things you could do.... be a child again Use your IMAGINATION
I also play world of war craft! lol and I moved from MI to WA and dont really know anyone here, plus I cant text my husband all day either :(





I'm a stay at home wife and I just find different hobbies or projects to do each week, ex. cross stitch, model cars, sewing projects, I also have a puppy which keeps me busy but when all that fails... internet! yahooanswers (im a newbie to this) craigslist, or researching different things online.
Workout, volunteer work, read, learn a language, make friends!??! I wish I had extra time!!!
yahoo answers
Read a good book, plant organic tomatoes in the garden, do yoga.
You could always take of yourself, if you know what I mean!

No comments:

Post a Comment