Tuesday, August 10, 2010

GUYS: how do you deal with your wife having breast cancer and going through kemo?

I have a male friend who's wife is going through kemo. He barely stays home and always find things to do outside to keep him away from the house. I guess this is his way of dealing with the situationGUYS: how do you deal with your wife having breast cancer and going through kemo?
So different from myself, I am totally the opposite. My wife has been diagosed with breast cancer and I try to be with her to be there for her.





She cannot do a lot of things because chemotherapy takes it's toll on her body and I don't want her to fatigue herself and possibly get infected by doing things like cleaning the litter, or trying to do anything except get rest. That is her entire job and I make sure she does it.





I take her for walks, but I don't want her to cook, clean, wash anything. I try and do it all myself and I work too.





What would he think, if chemotherapy does not work? And the time he wasted running away from his wife and her cancer instead of trying to help her beat it.





Oh, well...I guess he did not really mean it when the minister or preacher said, ';In sickness and in health';.GUYS: how do you deal with your wife having breast cancer and going through kemo?
Unfortunatly, many people do not do well handling the cancer diagnosis of their loved one.





He is avoiding dealing with his feelings... If he stays home and spends time talking about it with his wife, that means he has to face the possibility of not only her not making it, but his entire life changing, and the possibility that it could just have easily been himself.


Avoiding her and not dealing with it is kind of being a jerk, but, at least he is still there.


You should encourage him to deal with his feelings. If you know of any support groups he could join, that would be great, or encourage him to find one on his own.
He needs to put his feelings aside and be there for her. As his friend you need to give him a kick up the butt. I know its a traumatic time. My mum is going through the same thing but him staying away is just gonna add to her stress. Everyone would love to run and hide when things get tough but he really needs to grow up and start dealing with the situation.


She will prob need him more than she would ever let on.
in my opinion...he is a Narcissus...he only cares about HIM.


People r always saying well its this or that. LOOK at his actions.





Actions TELL us everything.


He is a JERK~!





I feel sorry 4 your friend...how very sad.
I would stick by here and shake hands with the governor when i needed to.

No comments:

Post a Comment