Tuesday, August 10, 2010

How do I deal with my wife's silent treatment?

My wife and I had a bad argument last night. Once again she is giving me the silent treatment. I walked by her and said ';hello honey'; in a light hearted way. She pushed me away and left the house.


I knew that would happen. I just don't know how to deal with her silent treatment anymore. Come to think of it, I don't' know how to deal with my anger and her passive aggressiveness. It she can really get to me. Should I just give her time? I learned not to apologize to her because she never apologizes for anything she does.How do I deal with my wife's silent treatment?
I think it's fun to pretend like she's not doing it. Just say what you would normally say, and act normal. It's a childish behavior that shouldn't be indulged.How do I deal with my wife's silent treatment?
This sounds like passive aggressive behavior. It's normal to say your sorry and try to make up after an argument. Unless you have children you're responsible for then you leave for a change, you give the silent treatment for a change, see what her reaction is. Some people use silence as a weapon, if this is normal for her, it's not going to change unless you get some help from a therapist. She may have learned this way of dealing with anger from her parents. Give it a chance, but if she does not change, don't stay, 'cause you'll never really know where you stand with her, and after a while it's going to get boring and childish with both of you leaving and giving the silent treatment to each other.
I don't know how to deal with it either. My wife does the same thing. Later on when she is in a better mood, I ask her to explain wtf. She explained in a very lengthy way that sometimes she gets so angry that she cannon think straight. So I asked, ';So what you're saying in all of that is that you sometimes get so angry that you can no longer think straight.'; She said yes. I asked why she won't just tell me that. She claims that she does tell me, but I know it's not true. I think that some women are so dumb that they do not even realize that they have switched over to silent mode. The probably think they are talking and responding to you even though their mouths are not moving and no words are coming out. The fact that they come back at you with ';you should know'; whenever you fail to read their minds only adds support to my theory.
Don't engage her. Let it pass over and then when she comes to talk to you, tell her this is becoming a problem and you want to go to marriage counseling.


The silent treatment is so passive aggressive and annoying and if done habitually and long-lasting it can destroy a relationship. I know because my husband would spend days/weeks without saying a single word to me. Oh and he never apologized for anything either.


Good luck to you.
well, ill tell you what. i used to give my husband the silent treatment when he pissed me off. but he'd just keep talking to me, saying or doing things that he knew i'd find funny. eventually the mood would lighten so much that id give in and couldnt help but not be mad anymore. he did that everytime, and now i dont even bother trying to do the silent treatment cuz i know its not going anywhere.





basically, when she does it, just keep it light. eventually she'll get that it doesnt bother you and she'll stop, since the whole reason women do it is because they think it makes their man mad.
At some point you need to fight fire with fire.


Silent treatment back until she breaks - give her no affection what-so-ever.


Don't even look at her.


In your mind consider it a small vacation from all the BS.





If she has a conniption fit simply say once you are calm and ready to apologize and talk about our problems I am too.


And nothing else.


Part of this resolution is we both agree not to be so childish in the future, but if you *never* do it back she will never experience what it is like and will keep doing it.





Be in control of yourself and don't be a push-over pansy-***.


Decide what your ';bottom lines'; of acceptable behavior are and calmly assert them.
Yeah, I'm the same way. I give the silent treatment, if I'm really pissed. I eventually think about my actions, and come around. I never apologize either, because I feel that the other person was in the wrong, if they got me so mad that I'm giving the silent treatment. But then if I want some later on that night, I come around sooner.
Wow I totally understand what you are going through. She definitely has communication issues. Do the same she does to you, ignore her and if it gets to rough being in the same house as her go out till bed time and sleep on the couch. If she wants to be a baby instead of resolving the issue in a mature way, you can too.
I think the silent treatment is f***ing stupid so just ignore her. If what she wants is for you to not talk to her, don't. She wants you to kiss her butt, it's so childish. Give her time and ask her when shes ready to grow up and talk then she can come to you... If it was just an argument, no ones fault, you have to meet half ways.
Well I'd give her time, But don't give her the satisfaction of watching you wait til she's ready to talk to you. Go away for a weekend or something, spend time with your guy friends or whatever, don't answer her phone calls, come back when you are ready to not wen she tells you to
Ask her how she feels..what she thinks and LISTEN..don't interrupt or get defensive...consider her feelings . don't make her have to yell louder then you to be heard..quietly listen..hear her..some people don't like yelling..some people don't like wasting their breath when they never get heard and then get called passive aggressive..your temper say's it all.
You have to act like it doesn't bother you in the least and talk to her like nothing is going on between you two. She'll be so frustrated that she'll have to talk to you. This works all the time. GL
The more humorous you are, the better. Don't keep silent,or give her time, that will build up the fire. How do i know? because IT'S ME! It's a personality, can't change it.
Ignore her and see how she likes it. I guarantee she will start talking to you again. BUT she may start another fight just to be able to get you to talk. Passive Aggressive people are so annoying.
The silent treatment is horribly immature. She needs to grow up and learn better communication skills.
Passive aggressive women suck balls, they learned the behavor from their c*^t mothers
Thank her for the peace and quiet :)


To all of the over-bearing and overly serious women out there: it was suppose to be funny; you know a little sarcasm never hurts
Sit down beside her and start jerking off. I am almost positvie she will not be silent anymore.
Just talk to her like you normally would. And she will probably end up forgetting and answering one of your questions. And then she should talk to you..
I hate to sound cliche, but try couples counseling. It's incredible how a third party can make the other person see what an ars they've been.
woman does the silent treatment to get more attention from you, and most of the time they win becuse men give up quick
Marriage counseling?
how do i deal with my wife's nagging treatment?
you know, marriage isn't about who's right or wrong. but she is a woman and she's always right.
_

No comments:

Post a Comment