Tuesday, August 10, 2010

How to deal with wife and in laws?

I'm forced to go to wifes sisters party 5 hours away.. no desire to go but ';people'; expect me to be there.. So i'm going for wifes sake... I hate when this happens... any body out there figure out how to deal with that kind of marital crap?How to deal with wife and in laws?
I think I can help with this one. I know how u feel. I felt ';obligated';, as a wife to attend all my in laws functions. This ended up with them having absoloutely no respect for ';our'; marriage. There has to be boundaries!!. You do NOT have to go anywhere that u do not want to go. Your wife should respect, and with love understand that. Marriage come FIRST, the in laws etc come after. Communicate this. I hope that u do. I kept quiet for 9 yrs, and it almost destroyed my marriage. Until I set out my own boundaries with my spouse. GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!!How to deal with wife and in laws?
Just smile and act pleasant, even you hate them all. As long as they arent directly nasty to you, suck it up for her sake. Sometimes if you don't show up, the family will criticize her for it. Show them that you are supportive enough to accompany her, even if they all know you do not want to be there. She'll really appreciate it.
She is your wife and you should be making sure she is happy, if this makes her happy then shut up and do it! Remember your vows at times like these, ';FOR BETTER OR WORSE';. Stop being so selfish, do it with a smile on your face so you don't suck the fun out of it for her...
Have you seen the commercial where the beer can comes down on the man?there are different ones,kinda cute.Well get ready ,and don't look up because I think you are about to be hit.
Thats part of being married. Unless you can come up with some alternate mandatory meeting on the same day, you are stuck. I have ';played sick';, invented alternate plans or just flat out refused to go to some things. good-luck.
Put up with it It is part of having inlaws.


My rellies live 90 minutes away for family things we go there. Christmas we divide.


It is called commitment. I am not always overjoyed about seeing my family and in-laws either, but you know what? I see it as investment as they are the ones that will be there first when I need them
Well, first of all, does she have to put up with your family things going on? IF SO, isn't it fair that you do the same in return?





When 2 marry, sure they marry each other, but they also marry into ';families';. Grin and bare it!!





IF these people make you feel unwelcome, tell the wife you just flat azzed out refuse to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment