Tuesday, August 10, 2010

How do i help my wife deal with her depression?

i can never give up on my wife.i have always been know to be the strong one,the understanding one and the patient one.but now,im running low on options.my wife has been depressed sense childhood..its runs in her family #1.#2she has had a illregular catscan results.#3 she's trying killing herself in the pass.#she was cliniclly diagnoised with genaralized anxiety disored.#4she always pissed,forgittful,either she sleeps too much or to little,bad spending habits,in denial about the mental health thing,has no sex drive,thinks everyone is out to get her,has no-self esteem.avoids confrotation and is a poor problem solver.she takes things the wrong way most of the time and is very easily afended.she has blows things out of proportion from time to time.i have tried herbal solution,working out,positive reinfocrement,soiling her with masive gifts throughout the years and even coulpes counsling and nothing so far works!either she'll give up on it or not do it at all.her thing now is she just want to run away.shes really a bless,beuitfull looking,bighearted and careing person.but her unhandle issues influence her decision making skills witch puts us{our family}in jams from time to time.i love her more than life yet i do know what to do.its like watching a plane crash over and over again.she makes me fell bad because i will try to talk to her and she always says''stop riding me,or stop saying i told u so,so i just cant deal with it or i dont want to talk about it.she has recently stop accepting respondablity for her negitive actions.she's very quick to say''thats not my fault,i didnt do nothing wrong....i am so burn out.we have kids and i find myself picking up most of the peices.i need to know how to help her,because she headed for selfdistruction if she doesnt get help.i love her too much to see her go out that way...hellllp me please...what do i do?How do i help my wife deal with her depression?
I was once like your wife but had a husband stand by me and now im getting better, i am not on chemicals , im doing alternative medicine i found out i had adrenal fatigue look it up. I to experienced bad depression i had a very abusive childhood and learn to see the world as a negative place, i suppressed emotions. depression hurts and when your hurting u want to take it out on the people u love the most and u dont realize it. I to have been guilty of saying oh its not my fault , and its not but it is my responsibility to forgive and move on and that takes time. She needs to start walking everyday , if she feels like it or not and u need to do it with her. Herbal solutions do work u just got to stick with it, start reading as many books as u can on how to get well. happiness now is a good book. There is a light at the end of the tunnel know that i am getting better , im releasing old pain and emotions and it is painful but u have to relive them in order for them to get out. I am on a healthy diet plenty of fruits, vegs, grilled or baked meat, and healthy snacks, im walking, im taking vitamins and minerals one that helped me is a good b complex. I





When u have low self esteem u feel like your alone like noone loves u, people around u do good things for u but u dont feel it mentally cause u dont love yourself.


She must first love her self and u do that by taking care of yourself , standing up for yourself. You must dig deep and find out why u are so angry at yourself. depression is anger turned inward. She needs to think back to her past and try to remember what caused her to feel bad.





i hope i helped please feel free to email me i would love to help anyway i can , depression is not fun. Sometimes it helps having a friend that has been thru what she has.How do i help my wife deal with her depression?
I would just be there if she needs to listen to you and suggest that she get professional help.
You are facing a condition with your wife which is difficult to deal with. My first inclination i
First of all I would want to rule out birth control causing her depression. The fact is that birth control can make you very depressed and if she's on hormonal birth control, have her go off it. Worked for me! Secondly, if it's not related to birth control, you'll have to decide whether or not it's in the best interest of your kids to be in this type of household. I wouldn't want my kids seeing their mother like this all the time. You won't be able to fix her. You need to focus on yourself or your children. This will be the way she is for the rest of her life......so it's your move. Life is too short to live in turnoil.
Lsn dude, I was in your shoes, but luckly, I didn't get married. I am not moking you up or sthng. Lsn, and dont be stupid and ignore, You dont love her the way you love her when you first met her, you care about her as little sister, or as someone who has a lot of problems and you think and she makes you think that you are the only one who can help her. She was living her life before she met you, depressed and everything but was living it, and will still live her life even if you leave. I know that deep down inside you are a very nice guy (At least when it comes to her) as I said been there. Dude, you look at her and you see her nature and you think that you gonna save her, but the truth is, she's always been like that and she always will be. DONT EVER THINK THAT YOU CAN CHANGE HER UNLESS SHE WANT TO. Now as I said I have been there, and let me tell you what happened, I thought that she was the sweetest girl in the world, I would anything just to see her happy and not crying, I used to feel really bad when she cried, and what happened after that she couldn't stand it, she cheated and left. Now am not saying that she is gonna cheat on you, but LSN carefully to this. I know just by reading your question that you have higher standards than hers (in life in general), and I know that you keep criticizing her because you want her to change, and because you think this is the best, and i totally agree with you and I know that your intentions are pure (BUT SHE DOESN';T KNOW THAT) she probably knows that ur intentions are pure, BUT YOU ARE SHIFTING FROM BEING THE HUSBAND AND THE LOVER TO THE FATHER ROLE. AND I BET YOU 100% that she has some parents issues . You are being the IDEAL for her. Now, what you need to know is that if you are talking to a guy he would probably understand what you are trying to say. But for her, its a matter of you being cocky, conceted, and then she will start making trouble coz its a normal reaction for criticizing, and then she might start thinking that you are going to leave her, and gets really scared and would start wondering if has made the right choice by marrying you. Dont take it literally. I might be a little wrong with this. But the only things that you can do are:





1-Leave her (and I am pretty sure that you cannot oz you care about her and you think that she is gonna die or something if you do) again trust me she wouldn't die or anything even if she threatens you that, but again you have to consider the kids and do the best for everyone.





2-Stay with her (This is what you'll probably end up doing) If you decided to do this, you have to know how to deal with it and the consequences, now the consequences is your problem (I have no idea what they would be) but I can give you some hints on how to deal with it.


1-Try to keep distance from her (Focus on your things work or games, and hang out with the guys more often) She might protest and make it hell for you, but dont lsn to her, let her cry trust me. I know you dont wanna see her sad, but its okay.


2-Dont let her suck you into her reality. Its okay to try to make her happy but dont get out of your way just for that. Be nice but be firm.


3-Dont ever threaten her of leaving her. BIG NO NO.


4-Most Importantly (Dont ever criticize her) I know exactly how you feel, and that sometimes you cant help it. But trust trust trust, dont criticize very often. Focus on being the lover and not the father.





I really hope this helped man....Good luck
I think you have to get her to seek some professional help and maybe medication. Depression of any type can be very serious. You will wear yourself trying to cover everything that happens.There has to be someone she trusts who can help you get her some help.For her good and your families. This is too serious to just sit back on get her to a doctor,keep trying until you find one she is comfortable with.
That is a tough one. Mental illness is really difficult to deal with. Patience, patience and more patience. Focus on your life, there is more to it than being a plane crash spectator. You can't make her do anything and ultimately she is responsible for herself, same as you.
seems like u got 2 take charge talk 2 her u and her and let her know she gon listen 2 wat u gotta say and then say wat u feel and pure your heart out and let her kno she is secure and jusb der 4 her hold her, b quiet with her jus b with her

No comments:

Post a Comment